Washed out AO after baking in Substance Painter
-
Hello all ! :3
I've been grafting head, hands and feet onto a body from a different avatar and It's been coming out great but I've encountered a rather (minor) issue and I've been wondering if someone with more Substance Painter or Blender experience will be able to help out. So after grafting the body parts and making it all work in Unity put it back into Substance Painter for painting and I really wanted to keep the body details but the AO and Normal I get after baking them myself isn't as detailed and defined as the one that was originally there.
Am I missing something? Have they been hand painted? Thank you for all advice!!! :3Original

After Rebaking

-
-
-
-
Hello all ! :3
I've been grafting head, hands and feet onto a body from a different avatar and It's been coming out great but I've encountered a rather (minor) issue and I've been wondering if someone with more Substance Painter or Blender experience will be able to help out. So after grafting the body parts and making it all work in Unity put it back into Substance Painter for painting and I really wanted to keep the body details but the AO and Normal I get after baking them myself isn't as detailed and defined as the one that was originally there.
Am I missing something? Have they been hand painted? Thank you for all advice!!! :3Original

After Rebaking

@Miszor It could either be baked from the high poly sculpt during the original process of making the model.
One of the things you can do in Blender is have the normal maps active on the body's material then make a new blank image texture, from there bake the AO in Blender and you should get a detailed ambient occlusion map
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login