Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
RipperStore Logo
  1. Home
  2. Guides
  3. Tutorials
  4. VRC Avatar: How to have a toggle/radial for moving a mouth, and still be able to talk with it?

VRC Avatar: How to have a toggle/radial for moving a mouth, and still be able to talk with it?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Tutorials
helpavatarunity helptutorials
3 Posts 2 Posters 529 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • M
    M
    Metahetaoni
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Me again, been having another issue with my avi.

    I've been wanting this effect like Woel's avatars where I can talk through the mouth with my mic, but also be able to toggle play an animation separately that opens the mouth (I am trying to do a toggle/radial that can keep the mouth open forever until disabled). I am using VRCFury. It works in Unity but not in Test Build on VRC. Both the mouth animation and talking through the mic does not activate the mouth when I try to implement this. I use Jaw Flap Blend Shape since my avatar's mouth only opens 1 way intentionally.

    I am a newbie when it comes to animators and parameters so it may have something to do with those.

    lequackyL 1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • M Metahetaoni

      Me again, been having another issue with my avi.

      I've been wanting this effect like Woel's avatars where I can talk through the mouth with my mic, but also be able to toggle play an animation separately that opens the mouth (I am trying to do a toggle/radial that can keep the mouth open forever until disabled). I am using VRCFury. It works in Unity but not in Test Build on VRC. Both the mouth animation and talking through the mic does not activate the mouth when I try to implement this. I use Jaw Flap Blend Shape since my avatar's mouth only opens 1 way intentionally.

      I am a newbie when it comes to animators and parameters so it may have something to do with those.

      lequackyL
      lequackyL
      lequacky
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Metahetaoni i think there's a toggle in SPS somewhere that keeps the mouth open with the tongue out if that helps. sadly i'm brand new to all this so i wouldn't know where to look but i figured i'd at least try to give you a direction to look if nothin else.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • M
        M
        Metahetaoni
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Thank you for the suggestion but I'd rather not have any SPS options in my avatar 😅 I wouldn't know how to use anything about that component anyway as I've never used it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        • Login

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Tags
        • Popular