Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
RipperStore Logo
  1. Home
  2. Community
  3. General Questions
  4. Whats with the extreme lack of quality in avatars now?

Whats with the extreme lack of quality in avatars now?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Questions
questionlazydiscussion
19 Posts 11 Posters 1.0k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Z
    Z
    zado
    wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Welp thats why I've never spent a dime on anything avatar related and probably never will unless i truely believe it is worth it, these avatar creators need to also wakeup to reality it is HARD in this economy today so if im dropping 50 on an avi it should be to the point where i wouldn't even THINK of adding more to it, like my one homie bought both of us an avatar, right off the bat the avatar had errors, (it was $35 btw) and it barely had ANY features.
    .

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • A
      A
      Alkinine
      wrote on last edited by
      #4

      The only creators that i really vibe with spending money on are the Avis by Vultureculture and Lazminq

      1 Reply Last reply
      2
      • cutiemonC
        cutiemonC
        cutiemon
        wrote on last edited by
        #5
        This post is deleted!
        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • L
          L
          Lucia
          wrote on last edited by
          #6

          "all these creators becoming so lazy with their creations but still believing they're worth the 30-50 dollar price tag."

          Because they sadly got a dedicated fan base that will buy any slop that is thrown their way.

          KingHasturK 1 Reply Last reply
          3
          • L Lucia

            "all these creators becoming so lazy with their creations but still believing they're worth the 30-50 dollar price tag."

            Because they sadly got a dedicated fan base that will buy any slop that is thrown their way.

            KingHasturK
            KingHasturK
            KingHastur
            wrote on last edited by
            #7

            @Lucia Yea but i have such a hard time believing its THAT many, I understand if its slop and you get what you need from it, dont work harder than you need to but at the same time theres so many creators making actual garbage with the "my ____ has ____ and i need the money!" or "Im ___ so paying would help a lot!" as if their product is worth anything, their personality is horrible, most of them have acted terribly yet they ask for money? its actual insanity

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • anonberryA
              anonberryA
              anonberry
              wrote on last edited by
              #8

              I can’t say anything I don’t know—I haven’t researched this at all—but I can form my own opinion based on known facts, which is: they don’t even care about selling you the damn product in the first place.

              They don’t accept your currency, and they don’t translate the information into your language. It’s up to you to figure out the information and find a way to buy it. Something that should be your right—the right to know exactly what products or services will be provided to you before you buy them—becomes your obligation, and too bad for you if you end up buying something you didn’t want.

              It’s hard not to believe that the new avatars are being sold to a pre-established niche when potential new buyers are treated with such contempt.

              I often use translators, which can make my messages look ai-generated.

              KingHasturK 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • CroakieC
                CroakieC
                Croakie
                wrote on last edited by Croakie
                #9

                I agree. Honestly, I get it some people like the big barbie doll look with a booty so big it identifies as a bookshelf and breasts that are comedically large but from a buyers perspective I'm noticing many of these avatar creators are sticking to niche avatar slop rather than cornering a market on something that the masses are genuinely interested in buying with convenience and effort in mind.

                In the end I stopped buying from hypocritical American avatar makers since they think their kitbashed avatars which majority of them made with stolen assets, worth $40 to $60+ and started supporting foreign creators on Booth that sell their nicer assets for cheaper (I add a tip sometimes if I REALLY like an asset since they price them so cheap). Most of those foreign sellers from my experience actually have the languages translated in japanese, korean AND english which makes me happy they at least think about their buyers instead of inconveniencing them.

                Smells like roses, tastes like strawberries

                Keeping it wholesome and helpful

                KingHasturK 1 Reply Last reply
                👏
                1
                • CroakieC Croakie

                  I agree. Honestly, I get it some people like the big barbie doll look with a booty so big it identifies as a bookshelf and breasts that are comedically large but from a buyers perspective I'm noticing many of these avatar creators are sticking to niche avatar slop rather than cornering a market on something that the masses are genuinely interested in buying with convenience and effort in mind.

                  In the end I stopped buying from hypocritical American avatar makers since they think their kitbashed avatars which majority of them made with stolen assets, worth $40 to $60+ and started supporting foreign creators on Booth that sell their nicer assets for cheaper (I add a tip sometimes if I REALLY like an asset since they price them so cheap). Most of those foreign sellers from my experience actually have the languages translated in japanese, korean AND english which makes me happy they at least think about their buyers instead of inconveniencing them.

                  KingHasturK
                  KingHasturK
                  KingHastur
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #10

                  @Sinpurr I get what you mean but ive always found booth avatars to be hard to work with, while im good with unity i spit on it and curse it out before going to bed for how much i fucking hate it so having avatars that have very little on them but very much you can add to them in unity and blender really pushes me away, if it wasnt for that i would be using exclusively booth avis lol

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • anonberryA anonberry

                    I can’t say anything I don’t know—I haven’t researched this at all—but I can form my own opinion based on known facts, which is: they don’t even care about selling you the damn product in the first place.

                    They don’t accept your currency, and they don’t translate the information into your language. It’s up to you to figure out the information and find a way to buy it. Something that should be your right—the right to know exactly what products or services will be provided to you before you buy them—becomes your obligation, and too bad for you if you end up buying something you didn’t want.

                    It’s hard not to believe that the new avatars are being sold to a pre-established niche when potential new buyers are treated with such contempt.

                    KingHasturK
                    KingHasturK
                    KingHastur
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #11

                    @anonberry Well it is up to you to understand the language of the seller or to translate it, especially if they're selling to an audience in their own country

                    anonberryA 1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • HankaH
                      HankaH
                      Hanka
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #12

                      Its mostly because in the past the market was a lot smaller, so good quality avatars were required to really pull in buyers. Then people leaking them made a lot of them leave from lack of motivation. Then VRChat got popular by normies and the market exploded. So now instead of quality bringing in people its how the model looks. I've noticed that pretty looking models are always the poorest quality but sell amazingly well, and vise versa. My best guess is, the ones who put in the most effort quit and the ones who are just here for the money are still around. 🤷 But that's just my own guess.

                      Image
                      ᧔ෆ᧓ ୧ ‧₊ 𝕎𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥 ✰ ୭ ˚.ᵎᵎ | ⊹ ୨୧ ˖ ࣪ . 𝕊𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘! ˖

                      ⏔⏔⏔⏔⏔⏔ ꒰Image꒱ ⏔⏔⏔⏔⏔⏔⏔

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      1
                      • KingHasturK KingHastur

                        @anonberry Well it is up to you to understand the language of the seller or to translate it, especially if they're selling to an audience in their own country

                        anonberryA
                        anonberryA
                        anonberry
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #13

                        @KingHastur I understand and respect your point of view, but I believe that when we support attitudes and decisions of creators—and especially companies—that don’t care much about us, it’s highly unlikely that they’ll acknowledge us or improve their service. As a consumer, I will always choose the best service for myself.

                        I often use translators, which can make my messages look ai-generated.

                        KingHasturK 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • anonberryA anonberry

                          @KingHastur I understand and respect your point of view, but I believe that when we support attitudes and decisions of creators—and especially companies—that don’t care much about us, it’s highly unlikely that they’ll acknowledge us or improve their service. As a consumer, I will always choose the best service for myself.

                          KingHasturK
                          KingHasturK
                          KingHastur
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #14

                          @anonberry I understand wanting the best for yourself, I feel the same when avatars have Face tracking i have to remove or don't have gogoloco added however I wouldn't complain about the creator for following that the masses want and what they have the ability to do, translating to every language on earth is not possible, you translating from English to your own language is very possible.

                          anonberryA 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • KingHasturK KingHastur

                            @anonberry I understand wanting the best for yourself, I feel the same when avatars have Face tracking i have to remove or don't have gogoloco added however I wouldn't complain about the creator for following that the masses want and what they have the ability to do, translating to every language on earth is not possible, you translating from English to your own language is very possible.

                            anonberryA
                            anonberryA
                            anonberry
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #15

                            @KingHastur It would be ok if they translated to english, but they don't even do that 😿

                            I often use translators, which can make my messages look ai-generated.

                            KingHasturK 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • anonberryA anonberry

                              @KingHastur It would be ok if they translated to english, but they don't even do that 😿

                              KingHasturK
                              KingHasturK
                              KingHastur
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #16

                              @anonberry Again, its up to you to translate to a language you understand lol

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • D
                                D
                                didyhedothi
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #17

                                For real, booth is much better than what the american avatar marketplace is offering right now there are still some good ones but its hard to find, and the fun thing is, is that i can literally customize booth models like shinano and milltina to however i like!, im definitely sticking with booth avatars than a 60 dollar e girl model that is not even compatible with FBT

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                1
                                • K
                                  K
                                  Kawaicatt222
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #18

                                  Oversexualisation and trends everyone wants these over sexualised hyper realistic uncanny looking avatars now i cant stand them personally i don't get what's so attractive about them they genuinely give me the icks sometimes its why i mostly use older avatars they have a certain charm to them models nowadays don't..

                                  D 1 Reply Last reply
                                  3
                                  • K Kawaicatt222

                                    Oversexualisation and trends everyone wants these over sexualised hyper realistic uncanny looking avatars now i cant stand them personally i don't get what's so attractive about them they genuinely give me the icks sometimes its why i mostly use older avatars they have a certain charm to them models nowadays don't..

                                    D
                                    D
                                    didyhedothi
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #19

                                    @Kawaicatt222 back then when avatar creators in 2023 are cooking like gordon ramsay, i dont know how they fell of this fast in just 2 years

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    3

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    • Login

                                    • Login or register to search.
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Categories
                                    • Recent
                                    • Tags
                                    • Popular