VRC Avatar: How to fix legs leaning back when turning/moving?
-
https://www.reddit.com/r/VRchat/comments/12lm73c/avatar_help_whenever_i_stop_walkingmoving_my_legs/
I'm basically having this problem with 3 of my avatars, all different models. I know I could just turn 3+4 point tracking off in unity but I'd prefer to keep it on. I've also tried moving the VRC Viewpoint in Unity already but it doesn't seem to fix it. Everything else about the avatars seems to work fine otherwise.
-
If your model has toe bones and you have them listed when you did the config for the humanoid model rig, remove them.
It should help. I had an issue like that with my models before too when I first did them. -
If your model has toe bones and you have them listed when you did the config for the humanoid model rig, remove them.
It should help. I had an issue like that with my models before too when I first did them.@ALilRotten That fixed it, tysm!!
-
@ALilRotten That fixed it, tysm!!
@Metahetaoni
No problem. Glad I could help. -
If your model has toe bones and you have them listed when you did the config for the humanoid model rig, remove them.
It should help. I had an issue like that with my models before too when I first did them.@ALilRotten I know this is a little late, I'm having a similar issue where when someone turns quickly outside of FBT the knees bend backwards then correct themselves, any tips on that? I've never had this issue, but I'm a FBT user.
-
@ALilRotten I know this is a little late, I'm having a similar issue where when someone turns quickly outside of FBT the knees bend backwards then correct themselves, any tips on that? I've never had this issue, but I'm a FBT user.
It sounds like the rig itself is confused on how the knee bends. If the model had no IKs to direct it or had a bend when it was being rigged where the knees are, it gets confused and will automatically decide which way they would bend.
I have seen this issue with many models and I myself had it with one a long time ago. The only solutions I know of are either going into VRC FBT settings even if you aren't using FBT and go to the area where you can rotate joints. I believe there is one for knees, but I could be wrong and just rotate that until the knees bend how you want them to.
The other one is going into Blender and bending those knee bones forward a tiny bit and reuploading it to VRC.
Those are the methods I personally found through experince.
It may not be the solution you're looking for, but that's all I know.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login