Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
RipperStore Logo
  1. Home
  2. Community
  3. General Questions
  4. PCSS (NGSS) Needing help setting things up!

PCSS (NGSS) Needing help setting things up!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Questions
41 Posts 31 Posters 12.5k Views 14 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • D dragonash2023

    maybe this will help for most of you Poiyomi users like me.
    But PCSS is kind of broken for Poi and with the language barrier of the creator and popularity of liltoon, I haven't seen a fix yet. You don't even have a context menu (right click) so solo convert poi materials like you do with liltoon.

    Anyway, here is a possible fix that I used for myself. This works with unity 2019 and maybe a not too recent version of PCSS. I'll copy and paste from my post from other forums


    Ok, small update for those of you who are using Poiyomi for this (like me). The version of PCSS here is either dated or there is a newer version we dont have yet. Due to that, the NGSS option will not work and you get the error above.

    The issue is, poiyomi no longer is located in the "assets" folder and is now located in the "packages" folder. Also, some sub folders have been rename.

    To fix it, open the "PCSS4VRC_poi.cs" file in Microsoft Visual Basic or Notepad++
    Go to line 421 and change the path (copy and paste this whole line) **(line number may change in future updates)

    string Path = @"Packages/com.poiyomi.toon/_PoiyomiShaders/Scripts/ThryEditor/Editor/ShaderOptimizer.cs";

    Save the file and run it again. Should work now.

    FinnF
    FinnF
    Finn
    wrote on last edited by Finn
    #16

    @dragonash2023 hi !
    also another problem that can be fixed via the .cs file
    if you have an error related to Thry saying not good version
    go in the same file
    line 82 : if (Thry.Config.Singleton.verion != "2.43.3")
    change the number by the version you have on the error
    reload, and everything should work

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Lyraqwq_kmsL
      Lyraqwq_kmsL
      Lyraqwq_kms
      wrote on last edited by
      #17

      Bumping because I also want to know how to work it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • bender441B
        bender441B
        bender441
        wrote on last edited by
        #18

        If anyone is still having an issue with it showing in unity but not ingame, make sure to delete the poiyomi folder, import the newest version, and just to be safe, import pcss after

        delete me

        ? 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • 1
          1
          15984
          wrote on last edited by
          #19

          liltoon bump

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • LuxxedL
            LuxxedL
            Luxxed
            wrote on last edited by
            #20

            Can Anyone Share NGSS? or point me to where its already shared? I cant find it, this is the only post related that i came across πŸ˜•

            UsagiiiBunU 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • LuxxedL Luxxed

              Can Anyone Share NGSS? or point me to where its already shared? I cant find it, this is the only post related that i came across πŸ˜•

              UsagiiiBunU
              UsagiiiBunU
              UsagiiiBun
              wrote on last edited by
              #21

              @RedRust here
              PCSS v4.4.5 + NGSS
              [register or login to view this hidden content]

              I don't trade or gatekeep. I like sharing what I can with everyone!

              LuxxedL SalitaS 2 Replies Last reply
              πŸ‘
              0
              • UsagiiiBunU UsagiiiBun

                @RedRust here
                PCSS v4.4.5 + NGSS
                [register or login to view this hidden content]

                LuxxedL
                LuxxedL
                Luxxed
                wrote on last edited by
                #22

                @UsagiiiBun Thak YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU<3

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • S
                  S
                  skellybois
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #23

                  bump pls i need help with this shader to bad. i'm installing it and everything but nothing changes, it looks like normal liltoon

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • theyadoreyukiT theyadoreyuki

                    @Lizuap I have both PCSS (NGSS) and installed both into unity, even found someone's personal settings for their shading and shadows for this feature. I had unity opened for maybe 3 hours while I was working on other things because someone did tell me it takes a while but nothing changed whatsoever. I wish there was a YouTube video explaining it more in depth on how to set things up. Tried joining their server and everything was in Japanese, tried using translator but I still ended up confused. :<

                    momoM
                    momoM
                    momo
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #24

                    @theyadoreyuki Could you share the settings please ?

                    thank u & remember to stretch β€ΉπŸΉ

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • H Harleen

                      Inside unity I see the changes, inside vrchat I dont, I am using the poiyomi version, nothing in the gesture manager or inside vrchat radial menu changes anything to my avatar. I like the shading but no clue how to get it to work

                      ?
                      ?
                      A Former User
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #25

                      same

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • bender441B bender441

                        If anyone is still having an issue with it showing in unity but not ingame, make sure to delete the poiyomi folder, import the newest version, and just to be safe, import pcss after

                        ?
                        ?
                        A Former User
                        wrote on last edited by [[global:former-user]]
                        #26

                        nvm nvm

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • DonutD
                          DonutD
                          Donut
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #27

                          Anyone have access to ngss last update?

                          I just said Bump

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • UsagiiiBunU UsagiiiBun

                            @RedRust here
                            PCSS v4.4.5 + NGSS
                            [register or login to view this hidden content]

                            SalitaS
                            SalitaS
                            Salita
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #28

                            @UsagiiiBun said in PCSS (NGSS) Needing help setting things up!:

                            @RedRust here
                            PCSS v4.4.5 + NGSS
                            [register or login to view this hidden content]

                            URRRR BEST

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • therabbitholeT
                              therabbitholeT
                              therabbithole
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #29

                              I was just missing the NGSS, I imported the latest one for liltoon since this one is only poi, followed the instructions, and everything worked perfect. Definitely going to start using this a lot more often now lol it's pretty easy to set up, thank you!!

                              Ch0pSt1ckC 1 Reply Last reply
                              1
                              • therabbitholeT therabbithole

                                I was just missing the NGSS, I imported the latest one for liltoon since this one is only poi, followed the instructions, and everything worked perfect. Definitely going to start using this a lot more often now lol it's pretty easy to set up, thank you!!

                                Ch0pSt1ckC
                                Ch0pSt1ckC
                                Ch0pSt1ck
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #30

                                @therabbithole do you have the ngss?

                                – ⁠♑ 𝐏𝐒𝐱𝐒𝐞 π’π­π’πœπ€π¬ ♑⁠

                                therabbitholeT 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • Ch0pSt1ckC Ch0pSt1ck

                                  @therabbithole do you have the ngss?

                                  therabbitholeT
                                  therabbitholeT
                                  therabbithole
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #31

                                  @Ch0pSt1ck The file just above my last post has it! I don't have anything anymore because I got a new laptop.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • C
                                    C
                                    chungusman
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #32

                                    i've looked everywhere for a fix for my specific issue, but it keeps importing with empty Parameters for the Light Control. Using MA imports it fine, sure, but it just doesn't do anything. Check the ENTIRE Discord for a similar issue and found none. No idea what to do now

                                    BluuuuB 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • C chungusman

                                      i've looked everywhere for a fix for my specific issue, but it keeps importing with empty Parameters for the Light Control. Using MA imports it fine, sure, but it just doesn't do anything. Check the ENTIRE Discord for a similar issue and found none. No idea what to do now

                                      BluuuuB
                                      BluuuuB
                                      Bluuuu
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #33

                                      @chungusman Suffering the same. Discovered I can't use VRCFury or NDM (Dependance for MA) So I have to sacrifice the easier non-destructive way of things and go back to my old fashioned avatar building or wait 'til they patch it in the future.

                                      I don't have much, but I share what I can <3
                                      I don't do trading, don't bother!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • H
                                        H
                                        heliamo
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #34

                                        shows up in unity but doesnt in gesture manager / vrchat (im using liltoon 1.7.2)

                                        GothG 1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • H heliamo

                                          shows up in unity but doesnt in gesture manager / vrchat (im using liltoon 1.7.2)

                                          GothG
                                          GothG
                                          Goth
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #35

                                          @heliamo Latest liltoon is like 10.10.? (I think its 1.10.3 but i've been gone for like 2 weeks) Is there a reason to use the old one? If not then I suggest updating that.

                                          • just a silly girl
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular