How do I use .C4D files?
-
I have a some files for a model, being .c4d and .obj.
The obj has no rigging but the product page states that it does, so I am assuming that within the c4d is a rig I could use.Im a blender user and currently trying to look around to see how to use this file but not much is really showing, I have also tried converting it to an FBX but that has not worked either.
Is there some software that I require or am I doing this completely wrong.
-
.C4d is the file type for Cinema 4D
I don’t think you can import c4d files into blender, even with a plugin/addon (I could be wrong! There’s probably an addon to import c4d files) This would require you to get the free trial of Cinema 4D (it looks similar how blender looks nowadays) And if it[the model] does have a rig , you’d [possibly] have to configure/convert it to be a standard rig (as in something you can export as an fbx to blender) I have little experience with c4d.. you’d be better off just rigging the obj manually in blender. -
.C4d is the file type for Cinema 4D
I don’t think you can import c4d files into blender, even with a plugin/addon (I could be wrong! There’s probably an addon to import c4d files) This would require you to get the free trial of Cinema 4D (it looks similar how blender looks nowadays) And if it[the model] does have a rig , you’d [possibly] have to configure/convert it to be a standard rig (as in something you can export as an fbx to blender) I have little experience with c4d.. you’d be better off just rigging the obj manually in blender.@Somepplhvenosoul I was thinking that but I am really not good with weightpaint
Its also quite a complex avatar as its a robot with lots of mini-parts. It also being a robot means it would need more of a mechanic way of weightpainting.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


