Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
RipperStore Logo
  1. Home
  2. Guides
  3. New User Help
  4. I've fixed this before, but I can't remember what i did

I've fixed this before, but I can't remember what i did

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved New User Help
help
2 Posts 2 Posters 905 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • VeraV
    VeraV
    Vera
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Im slowly trying to get back into avatar creation but completely forgot how to fix this issue
    Screenshot 2025-10-16 161941.png

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • ALilRottenA
      ALilRottenA
      ALilRotten
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I looked up your error and got this:

      The error related to animations and the Animator component in Unity for VRChat typically stems from incorrect rig setup or missing components. If your avatar lacks an Animator, ensure the model's import settings are configured correctly: select the model in the Unity project, go to the Inspector, click the Rig tab, set the Animation Type to Humanoid, and configure the bone mappings to ensure all required bones (like head, hands, feet, and upper arms) are properly assigned.
      This process should automatically add an Animator component to your avatar.
      If the Animator is still missing, you can manually add it by selecting the avatar in the scene and adding an Animator component via the Inspector.

      For animations not playing in VRChat despite working in Unity, verify that the correct Animator Controller is assigned to the appropriate playable layer in the VRC_Descriptor. Animations targeting non-humanoid bones (like tails or ears) should use the Gesture Animator Controller, not the Additive Animator Controller, which is intended for humanoid bones.
      Additionally, ensure that the animation states are correctly set up in the controller, with proper transitions and conditions, such as checking VRCEmote values if used.
      If the issue persists, tools like VRCFury can automatically resolve common problems, including corrupted controllers, invalid animation targets, and incorrect layer configurations.

      This is what I searched up: https://search.brave.com/search?q=Unity+vrchat+model+error+Animations.AnimatorState%2B<>c.<get_behaviors>&summary=1&conversation=d370efb37da22a2cdde3d9

      • I rig up models
      • I add clothing/assets to premade models
      • Learning how to make models
      • Can make VRC ports
      • I teach people via YT

      [I do NOT do trades]

      :Feel free to message me, just don't be demanding.:

      1 Reply Last reply
      0

      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

      Register Login
      Reply
      • Reply as topic
      Log in to reply
      • Oldest to Newest
      • Newest to Oldest
      • Most Votes


      • Login

      • Login or register to search.
      • First post
        Last post
      0
      • Categories
      • Recent
      • Tags
      • Popular