need help of ripping NASCAR models from PS2 games
-
i need the craftsman truck series and busch series and phansty cars also and i want to have the cars converted for GTR2/RACE07/AMS1/AMS2/Rfactor 1/Rfactor 2 and many other games
and i do want the feather light modfieds also to be converted also and my discord is blackheartgtsheres my leauge link if you are intrested https://discord.gg/NfbKqZmWWt
-
I don't know know anything about gtr2 but in terms of ps2 ripping you might be better of asking someone to remodel and use the og textures rather than using a rip. Ps2 ripping is pretty terrible since it base on 3d screen shots and looking at the cars they all impressively complex so the geometry is getting warped pretty badly and would be a very time consuming to fix compare to remodeling. -
System moved this topic from Mod Help on
-
I don't know know anything about gtr2 but in terms of ps2 ripping you might be better of asking someone to remodel and use the og textures rather than using a rip. Ps2 ripping is pretty terrible since it base on 3d screen shots and looking at the cars they all impressively complex so the geometry is getting warped pretty badly and would be a very time consuming to fix compare to remodeling.@link2641 true tho but im glad that you figured it out becuase for me i would take forever to remodel something lol but over all the detail for the car looks pretty good but yeah thanks for the reply it helps out a lot
-
@link2641 true tho but im glad that you figured it out becuase for me i would take forever to remodel something lol but over all the detail for the car looks pretty good but yeah thanks for the reply it helps out a lot
@GrowthEnjoyer52 Well here the chevrolet since I already rip it and edit it to be less warped. The Interior still a bit of a mess but it way more usable now.
If you end up wanting the other model rip still just let me know. -
@GrowthEnjoyer52 Well here the chevrolet since I already rip it and edit it to be less warped. The Interior still a bit of a mess but it way more usable now.
If you end up wanting the other model rip still just let me know.@link2641 sure thing any other model rip would help and im not sure how to get it into a GTR file for GTR2 so its gonna be diffcult
-
@link2641 sure thing any other model rip would help and im not sure how to get it into a GTR file for GTR2 so its gonna be diffcult
@GrowthEnjoyer52 Here the whelen tour cars.
Not sure how much you know about blender so I went ahead and just put the texture on each version of the car for ya.
It take me about 5 to 6 hours to get it in this state so sorry in advance that it probably be a bit till I upload the next tour. I just send you a link when i get the next tour done unless that a bother and you rather me just wait to send all the tours at once. -
@GrowthEnjoyer52 Here the whelen tour cars.
Not sure how much you know about blender so I went ahead and just put the texture on each version of the car for ya.
It take me about 5 to 6 hours to get it in this state so sorry in advance that it probably be a bit till I upload the next tour. I just send you a link when i get the next tour done unless that a bother and you rather me just wait to send all the tours at once.@link2641 its fine i can wait mate next will be the sound and setups for the NEXTEL cup cars/NNS/Nascar Ctaftsman truck series if i can upload the sound to my GD then that will get us a step closer to having the cars in the game but team folders/TGA and DGB
and thanks again for helping out ive been wanting to make this dream of a mod come true
-
@GrowthEnjoyer52 Here the whelen tour cars.
Not sure how much you know about blender so I went ahead and just put the texture on each version of the car for ya.
It take me about 5 to 6 hours to get it in this state so sorry in advance that it probably be a bit till I upload the next tour. I just send you a link when i get the next tour done unless that a bother and you rather me just wait to send all the tours at once.here is the sound folder i have next i will be grabbing is the pit sounds also and i got the team folders pre pared also and ill make sure to test the cars once everything is ready to go and team folders are ready to go to
-
here is the sound folder i have next i will be grabbing is the pit sounds also and i got the team folders pre pared also and ill make sure to test the cars once everything is ready to go and team folders are ready to go to
@GrowthEnjoyer52 Glad to be able to help.
I believe this is all the cars you wanted.
I have it just as one model for the car type that you can swap in the texture you want since I realize I don't know the scale of things in GTR2 and making it all separate models would be a nightmare to fix if the scale need tweaking.
Once you get it working the model with probably have to be replace with something with more detail since in nascar the first person view is actually a different model that swapped in and I can't rotate the camera to take a good 3d screen shot.
Also had to change the tires to something more modern
If you end up needing help with anything more model related please let me know. Save me the effort of finding models to study and fix on here. lol
and apologize for the long explanation I normally do this type of stuff on my main discord were I can get feed back faster. -
@GrowthEnjoyer52 Glad to be able to help.
I believe this is all the cars you wanted.
I have it just as one model for the car type that you can swap in the texture you want since I realize I don't know the scale of things in GTR2 and making it all separate models would be a nightmare to fix if the scale need tweaking.
Once you get it working the model with probably have to be replace with something with more detail since in nascar the first person view is actually a different model that swapped in and I can't rotate the camera to take a good 3d screen shot.
Also had to change the tires to something more modern
If you end up needing help with anything more model related please let me know. Save me the effort of finding models to study and fix on here. lol
and apologize for the long explanation I normally do this type of stuff on my main discord were I can get feed back faster.@link2641 ah i see well if youre not able to get it in to other games then i might scrap the idea and i dont know what ill do since PS2 nascar models are diffcult but im not sure if ill be able to mod the car in is gonna be the issue but at least you tried your best so i dont know if we will keep making progress and my discord is blackheartgts so that way we can talk there instead
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login