Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Zephyr)
  • No Skin
Collapse
RipperStore Logo
  1. Home
  2. Community
  3. General Discussions
  4. Is anyone else experiencing more drama than ever in vrchat?

Is anyone else experiencing more drama than ever in vrchat?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Discussions
quesiton
12 Posts 8 Posters 2.3k Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • K
    K
    ko.
    wrote on last edited by
    #3

    i always say its more toxic than rust lol

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • huhImhereH huhImhere

      YES!!!! Nearly every time I get on I see more and more drama and even having to cut off people because they turn nasty. Its terrible you are not alone

      LovemeL
      LovemeL
      Loveme
      wrote on last edited by Loveme
      #4

      @huhImhere i really havent ever seen it this bad before like another time a WHOLE instance got closed because i told the owners bf to go ahead of me and we were both trying to get the other person to go on stage to dance and their gf got super upset at me for talking to them and shut down the instance(i didnt even talk to them i was typing in the chat box just telling them its ok to go in front of me)

      1 Reply Last reply
      ๐Ÿ˜‚
      0
      • Potato PirateP
        Potato PirateP
        Potato Pirate
        wrote on last edited by
        #5

        Its vrchat, Every Public world will have drama. people feed on it and love causing chaos. specially in places like black cat or bars, clubs etc. anywere with high player visit spikes it up. i try to avoid public worlds because of it. try finding groups to join that dont make Group Public instances and maybe but yeah

        LovemeL 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Potato PirateP Potato Pirate

          Its vrchat, Every Public world will have drama. people feed on it and love causing chaos. specially in places like black cat or bars, clubs etc. anywere with high player visit spikes it up. i try to avoid public worlds because of it. try finding groups to join that dont make Group Public instances and maybe but yeah

          LovemeL
          LovemeL
          Loveme
          wrote on last edited by
          #6

          @Potato-Pirate i get the finding i group thing but I really don't like joining groups and being apart of them just cause sooner or later the owner will come out as a pedo or some stupid shit like that and I don't wanna associate myself with them and clubs have a lot of drama as well I used to dance for a few I mainly just stick to myself and again don't really talk I was just wondering if anyone else had seen a spike in the bs drama

          VisaeresV 1 Reply Last reply
          โ”
          0
          • LovemeL Loveme

            @Potato-Pirate i get the finding i group thing but I really don't like joining groups and being apart of them just cause sooner or later the owner will come out as a pedo or some stupid shit like that and I don't wanna associate myself with them and clubs have a lot of drama as well I used to dance for a few I mainly just stick to myself and again don't really talk I was just wondering if anyone else had seen a spike in the bs drama

            VisaeresV
            VisaeresV
            Visaeres
            wrote on last edited by
            #7

            @Loveme Uh, you're not associated with the owner just because you're in a group with them. You are your own person, so like, their actions don't have anything to do with you. Sometimes you gotta be in groups to get away from the public chaos instances. You're good man

            Wow that's a lot a' words, too bad I'm not reading em'

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Potato PirateP
              Potato PirateP
              Potato Pirate
              wrote on last edited by
              #8

              @Loveme that seems like you are asumming all vrchat group leaders are pedos. and thats not the case.

              1. vrchat people and i saw it myself in the macdonalds world. were people will Lie about a random person being a pedo and instead of finding the truth everyone just belives whats being said.

              2. i am part of quite a few groups of amazing people that care and are actually amazing people.

              3. Comunities matter alot. example if you go to a sonic world. you already know what to expect. alot of kids. some adults that actually do streams and Roleplay sonic events etc. Undertale comunity youll find a mix of alot of things there.
                theres game worlds example Terrors of Nowhere were i havent seen anyone being a dickhead at all they play vibe and thats about it. Finding the right group comunity people that match your likes etc is the hard part.

              i have 11,388 hours in Vrchat been part of many groups had rough encounter lost friends had bad groups
              encountered so far 1 person who was a pedo and all i did was just leave and thats it but i serched info to see if it was truth.

              i left many groups ion the past but right now i like were am sitting at with current groups. Search go to a world get on a high place a roof. sit there scout watch peoples behaviours and if you like how a group is acting or behave jump in XD

              i guess thats my advice for the time being. remember the block botton is there for a reason you find a jerk get rid of it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              ๐Ÿ˜‚
              0
              • LovemeL
                LovemeL
                Loveme
                wrote on last edited by Loveme
                #9

                Also I'm not being mean at all or trying to be rude or seem rude at all so yall don't take it this way ๐Ÿคฃ but I only get on to dance for like 3-4 hours and maybe take some pictures so I don't really think there's a group for me and i know people lie about their age all the time and YOU CAN TELL

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • J
                  J
                  Jdoe12666
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #10

                  Just want to chime in with my perspective. I do play quite often and I usually just take everything with a grain of salt. It's an online game and I don't expect any meaningful connections out of it. Although it does happen and I'm open to that, I don't expect it. Often times people want to get a reaction out of you. Honestly, it's one of the most satisfying things to me when someone is being toxic or trolling looking for a rise out of you and you just flat out ignore them. Especially if you already chatting with someone and you just ignore them and keep talking with whoever. I won't even mute them, I'll just lower their volume and continue whatever I was doing. It's funny when they realize they aren't getting any kind of acknowledgement from you.

                  And as for people abusing their instance roles to kick people for little things is just so weak and low. Just because you have the ability to kick someone doesn't mean you should. Especially over losing an argument or because you have a ridiculous request they don't want to follow. That's the easy and weak thing to do. The stronger thing to do is just take the L and move on. I can understand if you are kicking someone who is running around yelling slurs at people or crashing. But yeah I was threatened to get kicked from instance for staying at the spawn area chatting with my friends. It's not like it was some kind of event or anything so it made no sense to me.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • MetafalicaM
                    MetafalicaM
                    Metafalica
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #11

                    I am barely going into publics. My friendgroups are amazing and stable. There is barely any drama happening and I can always hop from one to another at any time of day any timezone of the day. I think carefully picking these players helped me achieve that. So I guess it's a work of patience and staying true to your own values that grants you access to like-minded friends.
                    How is the climate in public? The few times I have been there there is always some sort of chaos or a show of people acting weird or stupid on purpose to cause issues. People abusing moderator powers are also all over the place.
                    If you talk in a reasonable way with them they will provoke you until you talk like them as that's the only point when they are comfortable. Because that's all they do, see and hear. Anything outside of that behavior no matter how good you are or how much you try to stay out of drama for those people you will be the alien, stand out, the weird one. So I wouldn't say there is necessarily more drama but rather that "drama" is the default state that most of the refulars in those publics are so used to that anything that doesn't fall within this behavior gets either forced into it or pushed out

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • 33soloe3
                      33soloe3
                      33soloe
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #12

                      i would say yes, there is a lot of drama in vrchat. although i don't USUALLY get personally involved, the shit that often happens around me when im in publics will forever be so wild to me. just like @Metafalica, i don't go to many public lobbies because i seriously don't have patience for immature behavior. AND YES, THANK FOR FOR MENTIONING THE MOD ABUSE. i was actually on vrchat the other day with some friends and i got INSTANTLY kicked from a black cat lobby. some chick rudely interrupted me and i told her to stfu, literally took her two seconds to kick me from the lobby xD

                      I DO HAVE A SOLUTION YALL. i have been hanging out in a world called "rest and sleep" really ever since i started playing. yes, it is for sleeping but if you aren't into that, i usually just chill out and strike up some GENUINE conversations with people here. people are actually respectful of others sleeping, so its always quiet. nobody blasting soundboards, no music, just ambiance and occasionally whispering ๐Ÿ˜„ my friend chloe has her own group where she hosts group instances, if you're interested ill post the link down below. I ALSO HAVE A GROUP!!! i don't play much, but when i do, i'll usually open a rest and sleep world or a movie night for anyone looking for a welcoming community to hang out with :3

                      CHLOE'S GROUP (always active) : https://vrchat.com/home/group/grp_21a103aa-30b7-4de8-8972-9d164ca377ad

                      SNUGGLE BUGS (MY GROUP) : https://vrchat.com/home/group/grp_02bcbf0e-6895-4385-86af-4ef52eb53d37

                      โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ โ€  เญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      1

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular